Wednesday, February 10, 2010

32 going on 72


In my quest to enhance my crafting abilities, I decided to try my hand at knitting. Again. A friend of mine joked that I'm 32 going on 72, but I love the idea of one day being able to knit everything from scarves to socks.

I tried to pick up knitting a couple of years ago. My attempts were fairly pathetic and, out of frustration, I hid the yarn and needles in a bag in the back of my closet.

Over the weekend, I decided to give it another go. I joined a three-week class and last night was our first session. There were six of us...and next week it may be five.

Knitting is far from easy, but I'm determined to stick with it this time. I was somewhat encouraged when the instructor told me that one day I would have a moment where the frustration would turn to relaxation. I'm not completely convinced, but I'm going to keep on keeping on...and I'll be sure to report back to let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. It's a journey that's for sure. I've not knitted but I was convinced that learning how to crochet was a punishment of some form. I still stink at it, but at least the general feeling of helplessness and frustration has abated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also trying to learn how to crochet...so far I like it better than knitting, but I haven't given up on knitting. I should probably stick with one project at a time, but I am a little all over the place with crafts...obsessive compulsive probably best describes it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete